SaaS has evolved as the default business model for innumerable organizations to distribute their apps across sectors, given that software rules the scene and cloud expenditure have skyrocketed.
What that means is that sales and marketing teams may pitch their goods more easily than ever before, allowing anybody to “test before they buy” without needing to go through time-consuming, resource-intensive installations.
However, it means that competition is stronger than ever, and businesses must make it as simple as possible for potential consumers to see the value of their product before signing up – a problem that Walnut has been working on since its founding in 2020, you can check SaaS Heaven’s comparisons Walnut Vs Reprise and Walnut Vs Demostack.
Walnut Product Demo
The Walnut platform is unique in that it takes a customer-centric approach to the sales process. That is evident in the way the UI/UX allows users to find every feature and capability easily and apply those to making powerful demos.
It is the easiest demo experience platform to recommend to any sales, marketing and consumer-facing teams using a product-led growth model to sell their software.
What is Walnut Sales Experience?
Walnut promotes itself as a “sales and marketing demo experience platform,” which essentially means it allows users to build interactive product demos without requiring any code. A sales team, for example, might build personalized presentations that highlight key aspects of an application that are valuable to one firm while simultaneously creating a totally different demo for another customer. They can also annotate the demo so that their prospects can follow along and understand what’s going on.
The Walnut platform is powered by analytics, which provides businesses with use statistics that may help them enhance their demos for current and prospective prospects. This includes information like the number of times a demo has been played, who played it, who the best-performing sales rep is and which template performed the best.
The platform also allows sales and marketing teams to create and embed a self-guided product experience on their website, enabling prospects to learn more about the product during the initial stages of introduction.
Walnut has also improved its demo management infrastructure, allowing sales teams to expand more effectively and exchange information.
Who Are Walnut’s Customers?
Walnut is intended for SaaS marketing professionals. Consumer-facing teams rely on product demos to generate leads, close sales and increase revenue. Walnut is interested in serving SaaS firms that wish to enable their sales, revenue operations, marketing, engineering, and other departments to share product demos with prospects.
Walnut Feature Overview?
Walnut is the most feature-packed demo platform on the market today. Some of its competitors have tried to adopt these features with varying success in terms of execution. How does Walnut stay on top and continue to wow its users?
To understand the kind of value users get when they opt for Walnut, we have to look at some of their main features.
Without coding, Walnut lets you build unique and interactive product demonstrations. The solution captures the front-end of the program (and separates it from the back-end), providing you with complete control over the appearance and functionality of your product.
Walnut gives you cutting-edge editing capabilities so you can personalize your demos for each prospect, as well as extensive data on how your demos are being used. Furthermore, because your product demos are hosted in the cloud, there is no risk of defects or slow loading times.
The process takes only a few seconds and captures high-quality front-ends of your product that look and behave like the real thing.
Walnut has annotations, HTML editing (something none of the competing platforms offer), a sharing panel, and the handy find & replace feature. In addition to that, it allows for the creation of demo templates and new guide features to help teams work on projects together without messing them up because of too many people working on them at the same time.
This comes in the form of nested demos inside the storyline. That means once a demo is created, users can generate demos based off of it without affecting it in any way. It works like PowerPoint templates, allowing for better scaling up without limitations or organizational chaos.
In addition to that, users got the ability to dim the surroundings around the annotations, precisely control the positioning of annotations, and change the annotation glow color.
To aid with storytelling, Walnut allows users to access a variety of actions and features that help with the process:
- It has an engagement feature to track performances of storylines used, including analytics on numbers of sessions, average screen completion, time spent on the demos and unique visitors
- Modal Guides is a feature added to the Guide feature that helps add annotations to demos, and enables the creation of new interactive screens for additional demo purposes.
- Storyline Settings is another feature introduced to give more control over the demo’s look, including elements like the color of the loading spinner and more.
- A multiple Guide feature is included, that allows users to create different guides for different features, so prospects can find their way through the demo.
- Dynamic tokens are another addition that allows you to define elements that may be modified dynamically based on specific parameters.
- The annotations got better with the addition of Beacon Annotations, search and filter updates, and new ways to personalize text further.
- Users have the ability to include multiple calls to action in the Guides, track their favorite demos and storylines, monitor the demo views, and have an easy time resetting passwords for a vigilant security posture.
To enhance collaboration, the most recent update introduced the Demo Library which allows users to add tags and find the perfect demo for every unique prospect. Now, the platform also gives users a preview, which was added to the Demo Customization Wizard.
Freedom From R&D
The platform has Smart Objects, an update expanding the personalization of the Guides and speed improvement. When sales teams are coming up with a quick demo, they want to be able to tell a unique story that is true to the vision they have. Having the tools to do it in a personalized and fully controlled way is a big advantage.
To scale personalization, Walnut added variables and a demo customization wizard, making its features and capabilities even more powerful in the hands of sales and marketing teams looking to impress prospects and convey value.
Walnut comes with a superb UI/UX that enhances the look and value of a walkthrough. Its users get features that help with not only creating demos from templates, but also tweaking them all with a high degree of accuracy using tooltips, media editing, styling and design options, and more.
Users can make changes to their lists, tables, graphs, text, icons, charts, elements, and so much more.
Given that the experience is well-designed, Walnut helps those using it for the first time to not only find, but also use all the provided tools with ease, allowing them to be more expressive and exact about what kind of value they want the demo to convey when it is done.
Does It Have A Native Meeting Platform?
Walnut does not have a built-in native meeting platform. However, it implements some features to encourage collaboration and convenience among its users, like the feature to invite colleagues to the platform.
Inviting teammates is an easy process that takes one to the ‘Company Settings’ menu option, from which one can access the ‘Team Management’ section and assign roles to each invited member.
A viewer can see the Storylines and Demos, a Presenter can edit the content and create the demos, an Editor can create new Storylines, captures and demos and Admins can create Storylines, Demos, and manage everyone’s permissions in the company.
Deployment, Onboarding, Training, and Support
Deploying Walnut requires the prospective user to get in touch with the firm. During that consultation, they can get answers to anything they’d like to know and get introduced to the product. In addition to this, Walnut provides training in the form of webinars, documentation, and videos on its YouTube channel.
For extra help when using the platform, users can reach out to the help desk via email, check out the FAQs for answers to basic questions, read the knowledge base to find out more details about the product, or chat with the customer support.
Walnut integrates with Okta, a flexible, safe, and plug-and-play solution for adding authentication and authorization services to your apps. It allows you to integrate scalable authentication into your application without the development time, security concerns, or upkeep that comes with doing it yourself.
Walnut Company Profile
Walnut is a one-of-a-kind platform that streamlines and automates the sales demo process. Walnut’s solution removes the need for back-end staff and streamlines the process by giving the sales team direct autonomy. Sales teams can now focus on the particular needs of their prospects by gathering insights and essential data, dramatically improving their prospects’ experience.
Walnut is based in New York City and was founded in January 2020 by serial entrepreneurs Yoav Vilner and Danni Friedland.
Pricing And Offerings
Walnut does not provide any pricing details on the open internet. To learn more about pricing, you will have to get in touch with their sales team.
Walnut is one of the most intuitive and feature-packed demo experience platforms you will find on the market. It manages to pack everything into a lightweight, easy-to-master, and rich user experience that also benefits from a superb user interface.
Some of the competitors Walnut faces have some, if not almost all of their features, but suffer from a lack of intuition on the UI/UX front.
Its greatest strength, and the reason behind why many first-time users can pick it up in a few passes, is the well-designed user interface, which fuels a productive and rewarding user experience.
Speaking of the UI/UX, let’s examine that.
What Do We Think About The Overall UI UX Of Walnut?
The greatest strength Walnut has is its intuitive user interface and user experience. The sales demos you make with Walnut are identical replicas of your product and include all of the same features, allowing users to get a complete understanding of the program.
Walnut presents features in a simple and easy to pick up manner, ensuring that users can have access to the following:
- Demo editing tools that don’t require any code.
- Screen-capture software that is both stylish and functional.
- Customizing HTML code.
- Data dashboard and insights.
- Annotations for the demo.
- Unlimited flows and demos.
- Sharing Panel with Intuitive Controls.
- Collaboration management.
- Options for smooth embedding.
This smoothness allows users to create demos in Walnut that include several characteristics:
- Walnut allows you to personalize your demo without having to know how to code.
- Focused: You may customize your demo to match the needs of your consumers.
- Scalable: After you’ve generated a demo “template,” you may quickly reproduce (and change) your demonstrations.
- No reliance on other teams saves time and resources. There will be no time spent on recordings or other technical elements.
- Your demo is entirely interactive, and your prospects may test it at any time and from any location. Allow them to experiment with your product by sending them a URL or embedding it in your marketing materials.
- Insightful: You may gather data on how you use your demos and tailor them to each prospect.
- Demos are failure-free since they take place in a controlled context.
Because of how comprehensive it is, Walnut delivers a UI/UX experience.
What Did We Like About Walnut?
Like we have just mentioned, Walnut is at the top of its game because it has not only managed to innovate new features and capabilities but also presented them by leveraging the best user interface and user experience practices.
Walnut has also improved its demo management infrastructure, allowing sales teams to expand more effectively and exchange information.
The company’s previous release, the Demo Editor, which allows sales teams to generate personalized and interactive product demos without having to write any code, has been much improved. It now allows sales teams to grow their sales process by allowing them to generate demo templates efficiently and quickly.
Collaboration tools for sales teams and prospects are among the new releases, allowing for simple information exchange between the seller and buyer as well as internal communication inside the buyer’s business.
This is especially useful for customer success and post-sales teams, since it gives them the information they need to do their work effectively.
There is a lot more to like about the platform, most of which you can experience on the platform itself.
The benefits of using Walnut
- Walnut allows you to customize the demo and personalize it without coding.
- You can focus on the demo to meet customer demands by gaining analytical insights.
- The platform is scalable since a demo template can be created and used to create variants that are easy to edit and customize for a quick turnaround for a new prospect.
- You can collect insights from the demo to find out how it is used and navigated by prospects and optimize it for various audiences.
- The demo is fully interactive, allowing prospects to feel the value of it right away.
- The demos are hosted in a controlled environment, ensuring that they do not fail or crash when you need them most.
Walnut is the first Sales Experience Platform to personalize, standardize, and streamline the B2B sales process for prospects.
At any stage of the sales process, the platform provides embed, sharing, and collaboration tools that allow prospects to interact with demos as soon as they land on a website, receive a custom link via email, and even collaborate with the sales team (or internally) on demo creation to ensure the product meets their unique needs.